Umberto Torresan heads New Century Leader, LLC (NCL), a boutique firm helping leaders, high-potential professionals, business owners and organizations to grow and effect changes consistently and successfully. Building on practical learnings from 20 years of entrepreneurial and corporate experience, Umberto has developed NCL’s proven methods to unleash the
potential of these most talented leaders for guaranteed success and quantifiable results.
Umberto has worked in strategic marketing, business development and corporate development for large corporations in the industrial sector for years first at AT&T (then SBC), then Dow Chemical and Honeywell International prior to joining DuPont. He has also entrepreneurial experience having co-founded a financial advisory firm in New York in the early 2000s. You can see his complete resume on LinkedIn. A globetrotter at heart, Umberto has done business in all continents except for Antarctica and Oceania. He speaks fluent Italian, English, French, and Spanish and has an intermediate knowledge of German. When he is home, his time is dedicated to his family and he mostly re-learns core facts of life from his four-year-old daughter. Umberto was born and raised in Italy at the foot of the Italian Alps and became a U.S. citizen in 2012. He is currently a resident of Charlotte, NC, where he serves on the advisory board of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
and is an active member of the Charlotte Rotary Club and of the Charlotte chapter of the Global Chamber.
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics and Philosophy from the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Milan, Italy.
- MA in Communications and Public Affairs from American University in Washington, D.C.
- MBA with a concentration in marketing and finance from the University of Texas at Austin.
Certifications and Accreditations
NCL is certified in the following disciplines:
- CEC – Executive Coaching, Center for Executive Coaching.
- ACC/IFC – Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation (IFC).
- Emotional Intelligence – Emotional Intelligence for the workplace, Genos International.
- CMCT – Cialdini Method Certified Trainer (Principles of Persuasion), from the author of “Pre-Suasion” and “Influence – The Psychology of Persuasion.”
- GTD – The ultimate productivity method, from the author of “Getting Things Done” and “Making It All Work.”
- Sandler Training – The Sandler Certification Program, from the author of “You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar.”
- SPIN Selling – Miller Heiman Group, based on the work of the author of the legendary “SPIN Selling.”
- NLP – Neuro-Linguistic Programming Master and Trainer, based on the iNLP Center’s schooling.
- Blue Ocean – Disruptive business growth strategies from the authors of the “Blue Ocean Strategy.”